Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Double Vision


“I am a child. Then I am pregnant.  My mother says, Go away from me.  The fragility of her love, the violent moment of tension let loose. The perfect girl with the perfect mother in the perfect family, exploding in a flash” (129).

I feel like parents will always see their children as they were when they were younger. It doesn't matter what age they are, some mothers will always see their daughters as their "little girls" but I think in this case Meredith's mother can't. I don't really understand if Meredith's mother thinks what happened to her daughter is her fault? I feel like maybe deep down she did blame herself for her daughters 'mistake'. Disclaimer I do not think this is a good thing to think, but maybe she thinks that because her daughter had sex she is tainted, or maybe not innocent. Whatever love she had for her daughter wasn't the same, it wasn't fully there if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment