Thursday, April 21, 2016

Again

“I love my father, but he is a weak man”

I haven't spoken much about Meredith's father, but I agree with her when she says that he is a weak man. I think from when her parents got divorced he started to act cold. He would make them go to his parents house for holidays as a family, pretending they are still together. He didn't want to tell them, but I feel like he was just being cowardly. Then the way he reacted when he told his children and ex wife that he was going to get married. He reacted like a kid would if they weren't getting attention. Complaining about how they can't just be happy for him, and that this isn't what he needed today. He just seems sleazy in my eyes, he is a jerk. Especially when Meredith tells him that she is pregnant. He treats her with no respect and when she moves to go to college then drops out he calls her out and says that she is a quitter. I don't really know if that is his actual view on her, because his new wife seems to be pretty controlling. She even tells Meredith to stop calling him, and that he doesn't want to talk to her anymore. Her father doesn't really seem like a real dad, he just seems like someone who is distant.

1 comment:

  1. I responded to the same quote. I agree with with you that he's a coward, especially when hiding the truth from his own parents and by letting Catherine control his life. He is weak, and he becomes increasing weak and distant as time goes by and as Meredith grows to understand everything. Meredith never gave up on her father but he gave up on her. He wasn't a great father, I only wish he would have come to his senses and made things right with Meredith.

    ReplyDelete