Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Joy Luck Club

I really enjoyed this movie, I personally love mother daughter movies. They are really underrated, each mother's back story was heartbreaking. I feel like I didn't really like Lindo and Waverly's stories as much as I liked everyone else. They really did remind me of my aunt and cousins, their relationship is purely based on the daughters achievements.My aunt just wants to brag about her daughters, what they do in school or whatever award they get in school. It's kind of frustrating to see someone do that. Mother's cannot live through their daughters. What I did notice, was that all these mother daughter relationships are all kind of common now. What I am trying to say is that all mothers are either competitive with their child, kind and loving, maybe detached from them. When Ying-ying talking about passing her sadness onto Lena that broke my heart. But she was still looking out for her daughter, she was doing her best to point her in the right direction. I actually really loved that part, because even though Lena was telling her mother she was happy Ying-ying knew. She knew that her daughter was unhappy, the balance in that home was unlucky. I was really happy with each story, they were full of emotion, and relatable moments. Every mothers wish is to give their daughter the things they never had, it reminds me of my mom. She is always trying to motivate me, and reassure me with my decisions. Mom seems to know everything, she is the only person who knows your feelings better than you do. I know that is not the case for many mother daughter relationships, but that's how I feel like I wish it was for everyone. One thing I did not like in this movie was when Lindo didn't tell June what the letter said and that her sisters didn't know that their mother had passed. Or when the older women would speak and June didn't understand. That was a bit unfair that they had that ability to talk about things in front of her without understanding. I think the best moment was the end when June gets to China and meets her older sisters. And tells them that she was there to bring them their mother's hopes. That was a big thing for me, because my own mother is always talking about how she wants her children to carry her hopes and dreams. All her hopes and dreams are about wanting her children to be successful and most of all to be genuinely happy about their lives and the decisions they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment